4/20/11

The Physical, Spiritual, and Psychological Effects of Life

Personally, my level of wellness is up and down now of days. My physical wellbeing is about a 3 currently due to some stressful events going on in my life right now. Normally, my physical wellbeing is about 7 or 8 and I us exercise as a way to distress. On a scale of 1 to 10 my spiritual wellbeing is increasing on a daily basis. Recently, I decided to take some time out to reflect on my spiritual relationship with God and the outcome was flabbergasting and shocking. I realized that the love Christ has for us is beyond words and once one comes to terms with that the overwhelming emotions of life can only be resolved through putting God first. During this awesome time of reflection I realized that the blessings that God has granted me are only because of his grace and mercy.  Once I grasped that concept my psychological wellbeing or outlook on life has managed to creep up to about an 8. J
As I reflect on some past decisions I have made I realized that physically I need to start back relaying on exercising when I become stressed. Exercising has benefits beyond my expectations, such as it lowers my blood pressure and gives me a sense of empowerment over the body that God has loaned me.  Spiritually, I am learning that it’s not about going to church every time the doors open (even though it is in God’s word that we must not forsake the assembly), but about the connection (worshiping him in spirit and truth) that I have with Christ. I’ve also realized that it is my job as Christian to LIVE his word through my actions on a daily basis and not just on Sunday or Wednesday nights.  Therefore, staying fasted in God’s word (daily devotional), prayer, and trying to live according to God’s will is my Rx for adopting a spiritual wellbeing.  My theory on developing a psychological understanding on life is stemmed from my childhood. Growing up my grandfather (he was a Psychologist) would always MAKE us express our emotions rather than spanking (unless he really had to us the belt) us. Therefore, as an adult I have NO problems with talking about my emotions rather than keep them balled up! So, as you know I like to leave you guys and gals with a little food for thought so when time get rough remember to “Give all your worries and cares to God for he cares about what happens to you.” 1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment