For the past eight weeks I have been taking a course called Creating Wellness: Psychological and Spiritual Aspects of Healing in which has been an amazing experience. Last week, as you may notice I submitted a post on my psychological spiritual growth that was more of a visualization post. During that particular exercise I experienced being able to mediate. This was a powerful moment for me because as I stated in the post that I was extremely excited to actually be able to mediate for the first time and I have the hopes of using the visualization exercise as a way to develop a closer relationship with Christ. Due to being marriage enrichment retreat this weekend I did not start my visualization exercise, but I plan to attempt the exercise by waking up a few minutes earlier every morning and incorporating this exercise with my devotional period. The other session that I found most benetifical throughout my Creating Wellness class was the loving kindness technique. Considering that I am a sucker for love this particular exercise was right up my alley. I focused my exercise more on the forgiveness aspect and how through love and kindness one is capable of developing love and kindness. Lately, I have been trying to accomplish a sense of forgiveness by trying to master the art of positive affirmation when I find myself becoming upset or frustrated with individuals that hurt, rather than focusing on the negative or heartaches and pains the individual has caused me. As stated before this course has been amazing and those two exercises are what have influenced me the most.
Hi Chasity,
ReplyDeleteYour example is what have worked for me regarding forgiveness. I know that affirmations will work for you and lift your mood faster than you could imagine. I use affirmations a lot, they work because we naturally have negative affirmations playing constantly in our head.
Keep up the good work!
Samie