This week’s meditative practice was more of a visualization practice. In which my personal visualization focused on a person that I admire, which is Maya Angelou. I visualized her being a kind, loving, and brilliant women of God. As I sat in her present I was honored to hear her stories of life and grasped onto her ever word of wisdom. For the first time I was able to slowly flyaway into another place where peace and tranquility took over my body. Now, I can truly understand why people mediate on a daily basis and I can definitely see myself visualizing during my prayer time. I can just imagine to connection I can have with Christ if I used this same sort of mediation practice. There is a particular bible verse that reminds me of the importance of spiritually and psychologically taking time out and strengthens your mental state.
Spend your time and energy in training yourself for spiritual fitness. Physical exercise has some
value, but spiritual exercise is much more important for it promises a reward in both this life
and the next. This is true and everyone should accept it. 1 Timothy 4:7-9 (NLT)
As I read the quote, : "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself” I naturally wanted to relate it to spirituality because in life we run across people that effect our thinking in either a negative or positive aspect to the point that it can run us closer or further away from a higher being. As a healthcare professional I feel that it is an obligation of mine to have some sort of impact on my patient/client life. To give a person the confidence to become an advocate for his/her owns health is my number one goal as a Wellness Educator.
I am a biggest of Maya Angelou! she is such an inspiration to so many people. her words of wisdom are brilliant and she is such an intelligent woman. She is the epitome of a strong and humble black woman to me.
ReplyDeleteGreat post!